Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Department of Workforce Services
Joan Evans, Director
122 W. 25th Street
Herschler Building #2-E
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-8728
Fax: (307) 777-5857
Key Workforce Priorities
- Encourage development of a robust diversified economy by identifying and responding to the workforce needs of existing and emerging businesses and industries.
- Support career development of incumbent workers and examine and remove barriers to employment for all.
- Increase individual academic and technical skills, access to educational and training programs and foster life-long learning.
- Promote coordination and collaboration of workforce, education and economic development systems to afford Wyoming a competitive advantage in the global economy.
- Provide sound guidance and oversight of financial information and compliance with the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
- High Growth Industries – Healthcare, Energy
- July 2010 unemployment rate – 6.7%
- Population reached 544,270 in 2009 (highest ever recorded)
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.