Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
Eleni Papadakis, Executive Director
128 10th Avenue SW
PO Box 43105
Olympia, WA 98504
Phone: (360) 753-5662
Fax: (360) 586-5862
Key Workforce Priorities
- Youth: Ensure all youth receive the education, training, and support they need for success in postsecondary education and/or work.
- Adult: Provide Washington adults (including those with barriers to education and employment) with access to lifelong education, training, and employment services.
- Business & Industry: Meet the workforce needs of industry by preparing students, current workers, and dislocated workers with the skills employers need.
- Washington is ranked 14th in percentage job growth since the recession began (December 2007). It increased at more than 10 times the average percentage growth rate at the national level (1.6% compared to the national rate of 0.1%).
- Washington launched a Military Transition Council that helps service members transition to civilian life. The Council is the first of its kind in the nation and was started in 2013 by Executive Order from Gov. Jay Inslee. Washington ranks seventh in the country in the number of military personnel and is home to over 600,000 veterans.
- Washington's businesses and employees are competitive globally; the state is the 4th largest exporter in the U.S.
- Washington is home to one out of five of the nation's aerospace jobs--the highest aerospace employment of any state. Washington's Legislature recently invested $8 million in 21 state community and technical colleges to grow 1,000 new enrollment slots in high-demand aerospace programs across the state.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.