Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Vermont Workforce Development Council
Allen Evans, Executive Director
P.O. Box 488
5 Green Mt. Drive
Montpelier, VT 05602
Key Workforce Priorities
- The skill set of the Vermont labor force will meet the needs of employers.
- The education and work-readiness of the Vermont Labor force will prepare them for good jobs.
- The capacity and quality of labor force education and training programs will increase.
- Despite the poor economy, many Vermont employers have difficulty finding qualified workers.
- Family supporting jobs, once available to high school graduates, now require post-secondary education.
- Although Vermont has one of the nation's highest high school graduation rates, the State ranks 26th in the percentage of students completing college.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.