Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
State of Tennessee Workforce Development Board
Susan Cowden, Administrator, Workforce Development Division
Tennessee Dept of Labor & Workforce Development
220 French Landing Drive, 4th Floor, Building A
Nashville, TN 37243-0658
Phone: (615) 741-1031
Fax: (615) 741-3003
Key Workforce Priorities
- Creating good paying jobs for Tennessee's workforce, improving broad economic indicators.
- Providing innovative services that position the state for future growth and prosperity.
- Creating a strong and vital workforce.
- Tennessee's workforce is comprised of approximately 2.7 million workers and the population is growing, with a 10% increase over the past decade.
- The Unemployment Rate is slightly above the national average of 9.0%, last reported in December at 9.4%
- Key emerging industries include construction, professional/ business services and education/health services.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.