Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
South Dakota Workforce Development Council
Bill Molseed, Director
700 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: (605) 773-5017
Key Workforce Priorities
- Ensure South Dakota has a competent and qualified workforce to allow for economic growth and expansion.
- Recruit former South Dakotans and other interested individuals to South Dakota by connecting them to career and business opportunities.
- Retain South Dakota natives in the workforce by making them aware of career opportunities.
- The unemployment rate in South Dakota regularly ranks as one of the nation’s three lowest.
- The state’s labor force participation rate is the highest in the nation, at 72.5 percent in 2009.
- South Dakota’s healthcare industry is projected to be among the largest growth industries through 2018; it will add an estimated 8,000 workers to South Dakota’s economy. The rate of growth is projected to be 16.2 percent.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.