Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
John Weber, Deputy Director, Office of Workforce Development
4020 East 5th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43219
Phone: (888) 296-7541 x2
Key Workforce Priorities
- Creating a cohesive economic and workforce development structure and aligning Ohio education, workforce and economic development systems.
- Establishing a regional sector workforce development strategy for the State of Ohio.
- Reducing barriers to pursing and acquiring education and training credentials.
- Ohio's labor pool of 5.9 million workers is among the largest in the country, larger than the total population of 35 states.
- Ohio ranks 3rd in the nation for total manufacturing employment.
- Ohio's median household income was $48,023, as reported in the 2006-2008 American Community Survey.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.