Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Governor's Workforce Development Council
Connie Ireland, Executive Director
332 Minnesota St. Ste, E200
St. Paul, MN 55101
Key Workforce Priorities
- Closing the skills gap by strengthening the skills of Minnesota’s current workforce with post-secondary credentials.
- Preparing all high school students for career and post-secondary success.
- Expanding work and learning opportunities for older workers and Minnesotans with disabilities.
- Population with a High School Diploma: 93% (highest in the nation).
- Workforce Size: 2,930,553 (2007).
- Labor Force Participation Rate: 72.9% (2007)(3rd highest in the nation).
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.