Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Maine Department of Labor
Garret Oswald, Director
State House, Station 120
Augusta, ME 04332
Key Workforce Priorities
- Invest in people to increase the educational and skill levels of Maine’s workforce.
- Connect Workforce Development to Education and Economic Development.
- Focus on key sectors of Maine’s economy: Industry demand and data will guide Workforce Development activities.
- Maine has one of the oldest populations in the country, thus a seasoned and skilled workforce.
- Maine has one of the highest percentages of Veterans in the country.
- Maine workers are globally known for their great work ethic.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.