Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Cindy Nau, Board Executive Director
1000 SW Jackson Street, Ste. 100
Topeka, KS 66612-1354
Phone: (785) 368-7209
Fax: (785) 296-1404
Key Workforce Priorities
- Champion a unified statewide vision and direction for the Kansas workforce system.
- Engage in active and intentional communication and collaboration to achieve desired outcomes.
- Catalyze energies around best practice models of training and job matching.
- Kansas Unemployment Rate as of January 21, 2011 is 6.7%.
- Of the 25 highest paying jobs in Kansas ($83.380 – $150,790 per year), 12 are in high demand.
- Of the 18 lowest paying jobs in Kansas ($14,640 - $15,450 per year), 18 are in high demand.
- The top five industries predicted to have the most future job growth from 2006 to 2016 are: 1) Support activities for transportation, 2) Social assistance, 3) Financial investment & related activity, 4) Telecommunications and 5) Management of companies and enterprises.
- The top five fastest growing industries from 2006-2016 are: 1) Support activities for transportation, 2) Social assistance, 3) ISPs, search portals & data processing, 4) Financial investment & related activity and 5) Telecommunications.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.