Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Georgia Department of Economic Development: Workforce Division
Ben Hames, Deputy Commissioner
75 Fifth St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Key Workforce Priorities
- To provide workforce services to job seekers and businesses through Georgia Work Ready and Work Ready Connect
- To develop and implement career pathways aligned to critical jobs through Work Ready Regions
- To ensure all counties become and remain Certified Work Ready Communities
- Over 187,00 Georgians are Work Ready Certified and over 800 businesses use Georgia Work Ready
- 93% of Work Ready Certified Georgians would recommend Work Ready; 97% of participating businesses would recommend Work Ready
- Over 12,400 Georgians have found employment year to date at a wage 10% higher than the state average
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.