Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Delaware Workforce Investment Board
Gwendolyn Jones, Executive Director
4425 N. Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
Phone: (302) 761-8160
Fax: (392) 762-2138
Key Workforce Priorities
- Gathering And Acting On Industry Intelligence
- Develop Career Lattices, Which Helps All Delaware Stakeholders Plan, Chart, And Resource Skills Training And Employment Opportunities
- Drive the Veterans Unemployment Rate Down For First Term Returning Active And Reserve Service Members To A Rate Below 18 To 24 Year Olds In The General Population
- Disabled Worker Initiatives
- Maximizing Technology To Connect Employers And Jobseekers By Improving The States Labor Exchange System.
- Since 2009 when Delaware lost more than 20,000 jobs the states has fought back and regained the lost jobs and added an additional 5,000.
- Delaware’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in May 2014 was 5.9%
- The First State continues to make inroads to young people through its promotion of Career Cruising and CC Inspire throughout Delaware’s High School and a strong partnership with Junior Achievement
- Since May 2013, Delaware’s total nonfarm jobs have increased by a net gain of +11,000, a rise of 2.6%. Nationally, jobs during that period increased 1.7%.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.