District Of columbia
Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
District of Columbia Workforce Investment Council (DC WIC)
Odie Donald, Executive Director
2235 Shannon Place SE, Suite 3031
Washington, DC 20020
Phone: (202) 724-5133
Key Workforce Priorities
- Develop and institute a sector strategy.
- Complete One-Stop certification.
- Become the regional forum for workforce issues.
- DC has a civilian labor force of more than 330,000 but more than 637,000 jobs.
- The not seasonally adjusted December unemployment rate was 5.8 percent.
- The DC largest sectors include Professional and Business Services and Government.
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.