Working for America
State Workforce Development Board
Workforce Arizona Council
Sheila Shedd, Director
333 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 845-1241
Fax: (800) 542-5684
Key Workforce Priorities
- Encourage cross-program alignment with state and regional economic development, sharing goals and benchmarks to increase efficiencies through the development of a performance management process.
- Operate with a dual-customer focus (business and individual) to help identify and strengthen the skills necessary to build a strong workforce in Arizona, while promoting the effective use of Labor Market Information to support evidence-based practices.
- Forge industry partnerships with business, education and community-based organizations by supporting sector strategies and regional initiatives to enhance Arizona’s economic competitiveness.
- Population: 6,595,778
- Median household income: $51,009
- Per capita money income: $20,275
- Persons below poverty level: 14.7%
- High Growth Industries: Aerospace and Defense, Renewable Energy, Allied Health, Information Technology
Local Workforce Development Boards – find local Workforce Development Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.